This past week, a pretty awesome deal was revealed between iThemes and Liquid Web. If you missed it, you need to check out why we now highly recommend using the Fully Managed VPS Hosting over at Liquid Web for all your WordPress and freelance client needs. Plus, get a nice discount as well.
- The WordPress Theme Review team (the group of individuals responsible for reviewing themes before they go into the public repository on WordPress.org) announced some new rules they will be enforcing that are an attempt to do away with the aggressive “upselling” and “promotion” being done inside free themes to get people to upgrade. Do you think this is the right direction to go?
- WordPress.org has been hard at work redesigning and rethinking the “introductory page” for people coming to the site to download WordPress. They have released the final mockup of the design. What do you think?
- One of the oldest WordPress theme shops was hacked this past week and Templatic would like any user (past or present) to make sure that any sites, passwords, information that was shared in support areas are changed due to this hack. No financial/credit card information was accessed, just the site itself. For more information – https://templatic.com/news/our-site-was-hacked
- Adobe has released a great (free) 60-page ebook on the art of combining typefaces for projects.
- If you run a bbPress forum on your site make sure you have updated the plugin because a cross-site scripting vulnerability has been patched this week.
- Easily add any widgets to a post by using a TinyMCE button in the editor with Turbo Widgets.
- Build a client portal site using this small plugin.
- If you need a simple way to add social sharing links/buttons to your content, this new Seed Social plugin may be just what you are looking for.
I wanted to thank those of you who write me and let me know about plugins, news, tutorials and other pieces of content many of you create. I love adding that type of information to our WordPress Weekly Recap posts. You can also let me know about things you come across by emailing email@example.com. Until next week … have a great day.