Blogging is an effective weapon using which you can communicate, interact, build credibility and community of readers thereby driving in remarkable web traffic to your website and opening multiple revenue streams.
Blogging, in addition, empowers you to hone your writing skills & pen down your thoughts convincingly on the World Wide Web and enables you to create a strong online presence.
Where to set up the blog?
Thanks to a blogging platform like WordPress! Now anyone can start writing a blog even without adequate knowledge of web designing or web hosting. Take a quick tour of the steps mentioned below that would help you get started with blogging instantly:
1) Create a free account on WordPress.com and give a name to your blog as per your choice. However, there are some important points to keep in mind while choosing a name for your blog:
– The name of the blog must be easy to remember.
– The name of the blog must work for you.
– The name of the blog must not be lengthy or complicated.
2) Once you’re done with filling in all the details & creating your account, you can log in and then you’d be directed to the dashboard.
3) Selecting a theme for your blog matching your blog message can be a mind-boggling task. However, WordPress gives you ample of options to choose from. Click on the “Appearance” section on the left hand bar, which would direct you to the themes page. You get to see the theme thumbnails and then choose a theme that you like the most. Activate the picked theme. Click on ‘View this Site’ and see how it appears.
4) Write a test post that would fetch you some firsthand experience about blogging on WordPress. You can
delete this post later on.
5) Add a Category under which you want your post to be published.
6) To add a new post to your blog, click on “Add New” button that is placed on the left-hand side menu bar.
7) Once you have finished the writing part, you’d like to enhance your write-up with some visually appealing images to add value to your post.
8) You can add images and hyperlinks (if any) in your write up.
9) Before publishing, do not forget to add the tags you want for your blog post. Tags can be the keywords that you have used in your post.
10) Place your post under the relevant category.
11) Once you have added the tags & category, click on the “Publish” button.
12) Now visit your website to see how your post appears on the Internet.
13) Also if you wish to customize your blog some more, you can:
– Remove the default post by clicking on the Edit button under “Posts” on the dashboard. Put your mouse on the post that you wish to delete and click on the “delete” button there.
– You can also edit the post similarly by clicking on the “edit” button there.
– You can edit the default “About Me” page that comes with WordPress blog. You can write down some about yourself, your career interest and other personal information such as likes, dislikes, hobbies etc.
– You can also adjust your widgets, which can be easily accessed via Appearance button. Remember to put the widget appropriately on your blog post.
– We hope that by now you must have gained a fair idea about blogging on WordPress. Get started with sharing your thoughts with the world in the company of your online friend-WordPress.