WPForms is a brand new plugin that provides simply the easiest way to add a contact form to your WordPress website.
We took the new WPForms plugin for a spin and now we’re going to show you why, as a WordPress beginner or even a WordPress professional, you need to install it immediately.
Why Create Another Contact Form Plugin?
There are currently over one thousand contact form plugins in the WordPress plugin repository. So, why create yet another contact form plugin in what is apparently such a saturated market?
Syed Balkhi, the creator of the plugin, explains:
My inspiration for WPForms was to create the most beginner-friendly WordPress contact form plugin in the market. A plugin that’s EASY for beginners, marketers, and business owners who are not tech savvy. A plugin that I can recommend to churches, non-profits, and startups who don’t necessarily have a budget to afford a premium plugin. WPForms Lite is 100% free and has all the basic features that you need.”
Syed runs WPBeginner.com, so he comes face to face with the challenges and confusion WordPress beginners experience when it comes to contact forms.
Syed and his development partner, Jared Atchison, decided to focus on this common WordPress user pain point and set out to develop WPForms.
What Sets WPForms Apart From the Other Popular Contact Form Plugins?
Put simply, WPForms has all the functionality you need in a contact form plugin and is easy to use. That is what sets it apart.
Currently the most popular contact form plugins are Contact Form 7, the “Contact Form” tool within the Jetpack plugin, and the Gravity Forms plugin. While each has their benefits, they all lack the flexibility and usability that WPForms offers.
For example, the Contact Form 7 plugin advertises that it is “Simple but flexible”. Yet creating a form using its interface is anything but for a WordPress beginner:
As for Jetpack, the difficulty with using the plugin is that you have to connect your site to WordPress.com and configure whether you want to use all of Jetpack’s other 25 features or not. Once all of that setup is complete, the Jetpack Contact Form itself is light on features and functionality.
Gravity Forms is the most popular paid contact form plugin on the market and is well known for its flexibility and amazing amount of features. However it is definitely a developer-focused contact form plugin and lacks the intuitiveness and ease-of-use that WPForms offers.
The WPForms Difference
The following are just some of the features we found available in both the free and paid versions that set WPForms apart from other popular contact form plugins:
- Pre-Built Form Templates: The plugin comes complete with five pre-made form templates that are ready to use immediately, including a Simple Contact Form, Request A Quote Form, Donation Form, Billing/Order Form, and a Newsletter Signup Form.
- Drag & Drop Form Builder: That’s right. Build any kind of form you like without even seeing a line of code. Just click on the field you want to add from the field selection and drag it into your new form.
- Edit Fields With Ease: Change field labels and formats to make your form look exactly how you want it to.
- Simple Settings: It is ridiculously simple to set up where form notifications are sent to, what those notifications will say, and what type of confirmation a user will see once they submit a form.
- The Most Simple Form Integration Ever: This is usually the most complicated part of a contact form plugin, but we found that WPForms makes it dead simple:
- Once you’re done building your form and save it, you are given a unique shortcode for your form.
- Simply copy and paste it into the page or widget of your choice.
- And your form is now live!
- Every Field You Need: Radio buttons, dropdown menus, file upload options, address/phone fields, checkboxes, payment fields, etc. Every field you need for your forms is available.
- Smart Conditional Logic: You can choose to show or hide fields in your forms based on how users answer previous fields.
- Mobile-Ready, SEO Friendly, and Fast: All forms, whether you create your own or use a template, are 100% responsive, meaning they work on mobile, tablets & desktop. Plus, they conform to SEO best practices and work lightning-fast.
No other contact form plugin provides the same level of features combined with an easy to use interface for building your forms.
Check out the full list of features in the paid version of WPForms on their website below.
WP101 Members Get 20% Off Any Plan With Coupon Code: WP101
Head over to WPForms.com now and enter the code “WP101” for 20% off any paid plan.
That’s a savings of up to $ 68 off a lifetime plan!
The post WPForms: The Easiest Way to Add a Contact Form to Your WordPress Website appeared first on WordPress 101.